Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide - Worst hotel experiance Ive ever had.
Besides the minor problems of incredibly itchy sheets and one very rude front desk girl...There was someone in the hotel smearing fecal matter all over the elevators.SERIOUSLY, there was A LOT of *** behind the blankets hanging on the elevator walls.
It took the hotel an entire day to get around to cleaning it, although they were aware of the problem since early morning. In the mean time they didn't bother to shut down the elevator, just let people ride on it unaware of what was causing the repulsive rankness. I personally asked the staff why the elevator wasn't disabled and their response was, "too much traffic". I called an elevator up in the late afternoon, when the offensive elevator responded the poor maintenance man scrambled out of it for fresh air.
He was almost in tears describing the disgusting mess he was cleaning that had caused the suffocating smell all day. The next day I was doing laundry and when I retrieved my clothes from the dryer I discovered that someone had put *** in the dryer with my clothes while I was in my room. Obviously it was disgusting and beyond comprehension in repulsiveness. Once again, the hotel left the laundry room accessible to the public placing an "out of order" sign on the offensive dryer.
Management didn't do much of anything about our situation. We travel for business most of the year and are Platinum SPG members, spending more time in their hotels than at home. We had been in the hotel 3 weeks at this point (if you stay 30 days you get state tax back). We felt it was reasonable to ask that a week of our month long stay be compensated; being that we spent a week dealing with the two incidents and the ensuing repercussions.
Although I used to love working at an Aloft and met my fiancÃ© while doing so, I will NEVER stay in an Aloft again. As a matter of fact we have decided to spend our 10 months a year at Marriott and Hilton rather than stay at an SPG property ever again.
We have been faithful patrons, spending tens of thousands of dollars a year.However, due to their neglect in handling these situations we lost all faith in the SPG brand.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Aloft Rancho Cucamonga
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "We are platinum members of Interval International. We had a deposit that we needed to use before July and a planned vacation to Nova Scotia. We used our exchange for..."
- "It appears that “Las Palmas Travel Network” (LPTN) may be a new scam connected to what’s going on at Coco Sunset Vacation Club (aka Bahia Turquesas). ** Coco Sunset Vacation Club (aka..."
- "This report concerns a bed and breakfast (B&B) located at 48 Via Romana, Florence, Tuscany, 50125 Italy. The B&B is operated by Valerie and is named "Bellissima grande stanza..."
- "This Guy Ron Ehler is a crook. Stole $4000 from me and moved out of his business location to avoid getting my demand letter. He cashed my check at a..."
- "We had Zerorez come out last year with no problems and the carpet was totally dry in 4 hours, Great experience! We had Zerorez again come out this year and clean..."
- "I purchased a reclining leather sofa/loveseat set, two beds; two bed frames a dining table and 8 chairs for $3080 in furniture from a company called Las Vegas Furniture Clearance..."
- "We have had several epic fails with otterbox but we got the new samsung galaxy s7 for my husband on black friday. They didnt have any lifeproof cases in so..."
- "Tried to order a watch online from replicahaus.ca for my daughter for Christmas. They sent the wrong watch and tried to tell me I was the one who screwed up..."
- "Just as others have stated, I should have read reviews first. I am so disappointed and frustrated with this joke of a company. However, I have filed a complaint with..."