Besides the minor problems of incredibly itchy sheets and one very rude front desk girl...There was someone in the hotel smearing fecal matter all over the elevators.SERIOUSLY, there was A LOT of *** behind the blankets hanging on the elevator walls.
It took the hotel an entire day to get around to cleaning it, although they were aware of the problem since early morning. In the mean time they didn't bother to shut down the elevator, just let people ride on it unaware of what was causing the repulsive rankness. I personally asked the staff why the elevator wasn't disabled and their response was, "too much traffic". I called an elevator up in the late afternoon, when the offensive elevator responded the poor maintenance man scrambled out of it for fresh air.
He was almost in tears describing the disgusting mess he was cleaning that had caused the suffocating smell all day. The next day I was doing laundry and when I retrieved my clothes from the dryer I discovered that someone had put *** in the dryer with my clothes while I was in my room. Obviously it was disgusting and beyond comprehension in repulsiveness. Once again, the hotel left the laundry room accessible to the public placing an "out of order" sign on the offensive dryer.
Management didn't do much of anything about our situation. We travel for business most of the year and are Platinum SPG members, spending more time in their hotels than at home. We had been in the hotel 3 weeks at this point (if you stay 30 days you get state tax back). We felt it was reasonable to ask that a week of our month long stay be compensated; being that we spent a week dealing with the two incidents and the ensuing repercussions.
Although I used to love working at an Aloft and met my fiancÃ© while doing so, I will NEVER stay in an Aloft again. As a matter of fact we have decided to spend our 10 months a year at Marriott and Hilton rather than stay at an SPG property ever again.
We have been faithful patrons, spending tens of thousands of dollars a year.However, due to their neglect in handling these situations we lost all faith in the SPG brand.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Aloft Rancho Cucamonga
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "This is an update to the complaint against Panther Knob Cottage Rental, owner Susan Bates As of this date January 13, 2015 nothing has been resolved!! But this is business..."
- "We stayed at Americas Best Value Inn during our visit to Ft. Jackson, SC for our youngest son's graduation from drill school.We have five sons and they all have been..."
- "1st photo is above the mirror/sink area when you walk in. The light hood is broke and filthy. 2nd photo where a water sprinkle system use to be. And also now..."
- "I went to the piercing pagoda in Las Vegas South Premium outlets, and I've wanted to get my second piercings for a while now. when I first passed the kiosk,..."
- "Don't buy Richmond American! When you go through the models look closely and you will see the poor craftsmanship. They use cheap contractors that take zero pride in their work...."
- "I walked into a self-ie picture taking at 3:30pm Oct 8, 2014, I was wet (now with underwear on), but was not in the picture, 5 minutes later I brought..."
- "I called for a carry out pizza managers special witch says unlimited toppings well the man over the phone told me it's only 3 toppings for that pie so I..."
- "I am dis-satisfied with my service at this the Tyler Texas Regis salon. My reasons are; Mind you. It was my birthday gift (to myself)-When I called the salon to..."
- "as you can see, there are many many negative reviews about salad master. A cook ware that can cost up to $3,500.00 . It's a Sham when dealers on top..."